Motorola Moto G runs Android OS, V4.3 Jelly Bean on November 2013. Every mobile has bugs or issues, and also Moto G is no exception. Here we sum up the common Moto G issues ranging from LED notification, Poor Audio issues, Wi-Fi issues, Rattling Noise issue to losing connection issue after the Android 4.4.2 update. We also provide the solutions to solve common Motorola Moto G issues.
Motorola Moto G LED Notification Issues
Issue: Quite a lot of people experienced the Moto G notification LED bug. They said their notification light fail to turn on when they have incoming texts, emails or phone calls. The Moto G LED notification issue may be caused by restoring settings from a Google account, which can disable the LED.
Solution: You can use the Notification Light Widget announced by Motorola to make the LED work. Hold the Moto G home screen widget, then LED to activate. When the LED notification performs normally, you can delete the widget.
Motorola Moto G Wi-Fi Issues
Issue: Motorola Moto G users also meet the Wi-Fi problems when they try to connect to different routers. Some people reported they can’t connect the network at all, even at the situation that they get closer to the router. Some are annoying about the WiFi dropping problems. Seriously still, few Moto G users found a rapid battery drain when changing between routers.
Solution: The solutions to Wi-Fi issues vary depending on different causes. We present much troubleshooting here; hoping one can fix your Moto G Wi-Fi issues.
• Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced and make sure Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always and Avoid poor connections is not selected.
• You can try to switch Moto G and the router off and switch them on after few minutes. This solution may help you solve the Wi-Fi issues.
• If the above-mentioned troubleshooting does not work on your handset, you can try this one. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and long press on your router, then choose to Forget network. Scan again and re-enter all your details.
• If you meet the excessive battery drain problem, you can go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced and set Scanning always available to off.
Motorola Moto G Poor Audio Issues
Issue: Motorola Moto G is a budget smartphone, and users expect good quality on the Audio for the phone. However, when users listen to music with the headphones or earphones, they are bothered by the poor quality audio.
Solution: Tap Settings > Sound > Audio Effects and you can tweak the equalizer settings for the Wired Stereo and Speaker separately. You can check if the sound is changed better on the Audio this setting.
Moto G Rattling Noise Issue
Issue: Complaints regarding Motorola Moto G rattling noise have pop up recently. The rattling sound is made when the Moto G is shaken or the vibration motor goes off. Actually, the rattling noise does not affect all the Moto G's normal functions, but many users feel disturbed.
Solution: The Moto G rattling noise problem may be caused by a loose button.
• You can add a Moto G case which can reduce the rattle on the phone.
• Settings > Sound > click off Vibrate on touch or Vibrate when ringing.
• Go to Settings > Language & input > Google Keyboard Settings > Turn off Vibrate on keypress.
• Remove back cover of Moto G and fix the space between the buttons and the back cover with small paper or tape. The method may handle the Moto G rattle problem.
After The Android 4.4.2 Update, Moto G Losing Connection Issue
The phone is available for the Android 4.4 update immediately when the OS was released. However, some Moto G users said their phones encounter serious issues after updating to Android 4.4.2. Multiple posts reflecting Moto G is intermittently losing signals, and even losing connection with the SIM card.
Troubleshooting: This Moto G connection issue seems to bother a number of users on different networks. You can solve the Android 4.4.2 update issue on the Moto G by turning the phone on and off again to see if the connection works in order. If this issue does not solve, you can turn to Moto G’s service center to search for professional help, for Motorola is aware of this issue and arrange engineers to work out solutions based on feedback and error reports in the forum.
Have you met any Moto G or any Motorola models issues? Hope these solutions to fix Moto G issues. If you have met other Motorola Moto G issues and don’t know the solutions, please feel free to contact us.